Benefits of Onion
Onion is being used for centuries not just to add flavor to foods but also for its therapeutic properties. Onion have an antibacterial and antifungal properties. Some people mixed vinegar with onion juice and apply it in their freckles and warts, it is believed that it can remove/reduce this skin problems.
Nutritive Values of Onions : Per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A : 50 I.U.
- Vitamin B :
- Vitamin C : 9 mg.
- Calcium : 32 mg.
- Phosphorus : 44 mg.
- Potassium : 300 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 10.3 gm.
- Protein : 1.4 mg.
- Calories : 45
Onion is Benenificial in the following conditions:
- Reduce inflammation
- Slightly laxative
- Lowers cholesterol
- Prolong longevity
- Helps destroy worms and other parasites.
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tube)
- Neuritis (inflammation of the nerves)
- Vertigo (inflammation of nerves)
- Diuretic (increases the secretion of urine)
- Diabetes mellitus – lowers blood sugar.
- Valuable for the hair, nails of the fingers and toes, and for the eyes.
- Sinus conditions – helps to drain mucus from the cavities and loosen phlegm.
- Whether fresh or cooked onions have antiplatelet, adhesiveness, thus preventing thrombosis.